Or click here to request a phone call to sign up with our fabulous CSA Coordinator, Shanica Crider.
Please read below and review our Membership Agreement for more details on how our CSA Membership works. This is a true CSA, we grow all of the produce that goes into the shares.
CSA – Community Supported Agriculture – is a partnership between community members and the farmers that feed them. At Frog Song Organics CSA, members make a financial or work commitment to the farm, and together we produce high quality produce grown in an ecologically and socially responsible manner. Each week members pick up tasty, fresh, produce at one of our convenient sites. CSA membership helps you experience the seasons through food, eat more organic vegetables, and forms a direct connection between you and where your food comes from.
CSA membership is a very special opportunity for you to support the creation of new sources of healthy food and jobs in our community. Your investment will yield a weekly bounty of locally grown, certified organic produce and support alternatives to the conventional food system. We hope you will join us in co-creating a sustainable food system and become a member of our farm.
Make a healthy choice for your family and your community, and eat like your life depends on it!
Each week, members receive a selection of at least seven vegetables and/or fruits being harvested from our farm. Please see our Crop Availability Calendar to find out what is ready during each part of the year.
This selection changes throughout the season and could include items such as fresh herbs, kale, radishes, carrots, beets, cabbage, green beans, lettuce, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, onions, hot chiles, sweet corn, squash, cucumbers, potatoes, strawberries, watermelons, asian pears, persimmons, chestnuts, pumpkins, squash, arugula, turnips, collard greens, fennel, basil, dill, sweet potatoes, sunchokes, and much, much more!
CSA is an investment, which means there are both benefits and risks. In a good season, your share will be bountiful and diverse. In the event of a crop failure, your share might look a little different. You can think of your CSA membership as a reservation for your food in our field. We take care of your share of the field during the season, and you get what we harvest. As farmers we will do our best to ensure that members always receive the best selection and quality possible.
The benefits of CSA membership with Frog Song Organics include:
- A seasonal eating experience – you get to try different foods at the peak of their flavor and nutrition. No cardboard tomatoes or bagged spinach that’s been shipped across the country. Try new varieties of vegetables and learn about how they grow and how to cook them.
- Arrive at the end of the market and have a box saved just for you! (No rushing to get there early to get the first pick).
- Recipes on how to use produce
- Invitations to on-farm events
- Reduce your carbon footprint by eating more local foods, and contribute to the development of a sustainable, local food system!
- Increase your consumption of certified organic produce – grown without the use of synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers.
- Support ethical relationships with farm workers and the creation of jobs in our community.
- Save money and take control of your health by cooking more meals at home – you’ll always have fresh produce to work with.
- Get to know your local farmer, and be able to visit your farm!
- Increase community food security by sustaining food production in your region.
The benefits of the CSA to the farmer include:
- Reduction of financial risk because our costs of production are paid up front (meaning we have to borrow less money). We can focus on growing the best food possible for the rest of the season knowing that our crops are already sold.
- We really like getting to know our customers and seeing familiar faces each week. We love seeing families nourished by healthy food!
When does it start?
October 25 – December 30, 2017 – Fall Season
Call 352-468-3816 or email email@example.com to join mid-season, a $10 membership fee applies.
March 14 – June 16, 2018 – Spring Season
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPEN
The Annual Membership includes both Fall and Spring.
Please note: Not all seasons, schedules, or share types are available at all locations. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Where can I pick up?
*Workplace/School delivery is available for groups of 12 or more members.
*YMCA will not be offered as a location this year due to low enrollment. We apologize for any inconvenience. Members may transfer to another pick up site or request a refund.