Or click here to request a phone call to sign up with our fabulous CSA Coordinator, Shanica Crider.
When does it start?
March 6 – June 8th, 2019 – Spring Season – 14 weeks
How Much Does it Cost?
Cash/Check Discount* / Credit Card Price
Cash/Check Discount* / Credit Card Price
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Where can I pick up?
Please read below and review our Membership Agreement for more details on how our CSA Membership works. Our goal is to grow 100% of the food in your share. Occasionally, we may work with other local, certified organic farms to add diversity to your share, and we will let you know where items come from.
CSA – Community Supported Agriculture – is a partnership between community members and the farmers that feed them. At Frog Song Organics CSA, members make a financial or work commitment to the farm, and together we produce high quality produce grown in an ecologically and socially responsible manner. Each week members pick up tasty, fresh, produce at one of our convenient sites. CSA membership helps you experience the seasons through food, eat more organic vegetables, and forms a direct connection between you and where your food comes from.
CSA membership is a very special opportunity for you to support the creation of new sources of healthy food and jobs in our community. Your investment will yield a weekly bounty of locally grown, certified organic produce and support alternatives to the conventional food system. We hope you will join us in co-creating a sustainable food system and become a member of our farm.
Make a healthy choice for your family and your community, and eat like your life depends on it!
Each week, members receive a selection of at least seven vegetables and/or fruits being harvested from our farm. Please see our Crop Availability Calendar to find out what is ready during each part of the year. All of our fresh produce (vegetables, fruits, herbs and flowers) are certified organic.
This selection changes throughout the season and could include items such as fresh herbs, kale, radishes, carrots, beets, cabbage, green beans, lettuce, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, onions, hot chiles, sweet corn, squash, cucumbers, potatoes, strawberries, watermelons, asian pears, persimmons, chestnuts, pumpkins, squash, arugula, turnips, collard greens, fennel, basil, dill, sweet potatoes, sunchokes, and much, much more!
CSA is an investment, which means there are both benefits and risks. In a good season, your share will be bountiful and diverse. In the event of a crop failure, your share might look a little different. You can think of your CSA membership as a reservation for your food in our field. We take care of your share of the field during the season, and you get what we harvest. As farmers we will do our best to ensure that members always receive the best selection and quality possible.
The benefits of CSA membership with Frog Song Organics include:
- A seasonal eating experience – you get to try different foods at the peak of their flavor and nutrition. No cardboard tomatoes or bagged spinach that’s been shipped across the country. Try new varieties of vegetables and learn about how they grow and how to cook them.
- Arrive at the end of the market and have a box saved just for you! (No rushing to get there early to get the first pick).
- Recipes on how to use produce
- Invitations to on-farm events
- Reduce your carbon footprint by eating more local foods, and contribute to the development of a sustainable, local food system!
- Increase your consumption of certified organic produce – grown without the use of synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers.
- Support ethical relationships with farm workers and the creation of jobs in our community.
- Save money and take control of your health by cooking more meals at home – you’ll always have fresh produce to work with.
- Get to know your local farmer, and be able to visit your farm!
- Increase community food security by sustaining food production in your region.
The benefits of the CSA to the farmer include:
- Reduction of financial risk because our costs of production are paid up front (meaning we have to borrow less money). We can focus on growing the best food possible for the rest of the season knowing that our crops are already sold.
- We really like getting to know our customers and seeing familiar faces each week. We love seeing families nourished by healthy food!
*Workplace/School delivery is available for groups of 10 or more members. Private delivery sites currently include Avmed and Imagine Learning Center, open to employees/students only. Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange your own workplace or school delivery.
Farm Shares – Pastured Animals
We take pride in humane and environmentally sound animal husbandry. Egg shares and pork shares are available, please contact us for more details. All of our animals live outdoors, on pasture, and are rotated around the farm for the maximum benefit to the land, and best nutrition and quality of life for the animals. All animals are supplemented with certified organic, soy-free feed.
Eggs: We choose not to use sanitizing chemicals on our eggs. According to USDA regulations, they may not be labeled for human consumption. We currently sell as pet treats and have a feed master registration. To receive eggs, please join as a member and purchase an Egg Share.
Pork: Pastured pork is available by individual, USDA inspected retail cuts and also as a pork share package. Pork Share packages are processed at non-inspected facilities, and you receive your share of a whole animal, with transportation and butchering service included in the price. Select a Pre-Paid Credit of at least $200 and contact Shani to arrange your pork share.
**Please note, value added kitchen products (jam, etc), and any animal products are not certified organic, due to our low volume of these products and lack of certified processing facilities in our region. Our kitchen products are always made using organic ingredients.**