The Florida Crumble- Loquat & Strawberry Crumble
- 1.5 cups loquats, peeled, seeded and roughly halved or quartered
- 1.0 cups fresh strawberries quartered
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of oats/granola
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts if you don’t have macadamia nuts you can sub in other nuts or you can add to. I added about 1/4 cup of sliced almonds and toasted coconut flakes.
- pinch salt
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the loquats and strawberries with the ginger and ¼ cup of the sugar. Pile into a pie plate or casserole dish
- Combine the remaining ¾ cup sugar with the flour, granola/oats, salt and macadamia nuts. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender (or a food processor on pulse), until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Sprinkle over the fruit, and bake 35 minutes or until brown and toasty on top.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
p.s. Please Share!