Sweet Potato Burgers
This recipe makes anywhere from 6-10 burgers depending on how you portion them out.
2 lbs sweet potatoes
1 C dry lentils
1.2 C chopped mushrooms
1 C Breadcrumbs
1. Place 2 lbs of perforated sweet potatoes in the oven and heat oven to 400, while bringing 3 cups of water to a boil on the stove.
2. When the water begins to boil add 1 cup of lentils, and lower to simmer until the water is absorbed, about 25-35 minutes.
3. When the lentils are done check your potatoes. If the skin has separated from the inside, remove them from the oven.
4. Remove the potato skins, and reserve the insides.
5. Add the lentils, onions, mushrooms, and garlic and mash the mixture together
6. Roll the mixture in some breadcrumbs, or panko and shape into patties.
7. Heat oil to cover a sautée pan and cook no more than 4 burgers at a time until they brown on both sides.
8. Place on your favorite vehicle (bun, lettuce, tortilla, etc.) and serve with toppings of your choice.