For your CSA shares this week, we are harvesting from our farm the following produce:
- Tulsi (Holy Basil), Bunch
- Sweet Potato Greens, Bunch (Thursday members will have Curly Kale from New Sprout)
- Malabar Spinach
- Fresh Turmeric
- White Potatoes
We will also be including these items from our awesome partner producers:
- Green Bell Peppers (NSOF)
- Orange Carrots, loose (COG)
- Red Beets, loose (COG)
- Muscadine Grapes (High Springs Orchard) – these grapes contain seeds!
We often get asked what to do with all this turmeric! The fresh root will keep for a few weeks in your fridge, but I recommend freezing the roots! It is easily grated from the frozen state, making it simple to obtain your daily dose of beneficial turmeric! You may wish to break up the root into smaller, ready-to-use chunks before freezing. But, we don’t thinks it’s necessary to peel the root. Grate a hunk into your stir-fry, soups, dressings and tea!