A dish that is both comforting and tasty!
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix or homemade mix (see below)
1 can Creamed Corn or homemade mix (see below)
1 cup Fresh Corn Kernels
1 cup of Sour Cream
1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
Optional: 2 tsp of sugar and shredded cheese as a topping
- Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Transfer the mixture to a greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- If adding a cheese topping, bake for 35 minutes, add cheese, and bake casserole for the remaining 10 minutes.
Homemade Corn Muffin Mix
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions: Mix ingredients together and whisk in vegetable oil, mix until dry mixture is smooth and without lumps. The corn mix is ready for use.
Homemade Cream Corn
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 cups of fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup heavy cream
3.4 teaspoon salt
1.2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1 cup milk
3 tbs all-purpose flour
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add corn, salt, pepper, sugar, and heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Whisk together milk and flour in separate bowl before adding into corn mixture.
- Cook, stir continuously for 5-8 minutes or until thickened and corn is cooked.