Happy Holidays from the Frog Song Team! Wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy Holiday Season and New Year!
Our final share of the Fall Season will include the following items:
- Red Leaf Lettuce – Frog Song Organics
- Green Leaf Lettuce – Worden Farm
- Tokyo Turnip, bunch – Frog Song Organics
- Jalapenos – Worden Farm
- Dill, bunch – Frog Song Organics
- Cherry Tomatoes – Worden Farm
- Turmeric Root – Frog Song Organics
- Lemon – Frog Song Organics
- Murasaki Sweet Potatoes – Frog Song Organics
- Seminole Pumpkin – Worden Farm (save your seeds!)
Turnips and dill make a great flavor combination! This hearty Lentil Soup contains lots of veggies and will be perfect on a winter day. https://www.thesophisticatedcaveman.com/lentil-soup-with-turnips-and-dill/
A jar of pickled jalapenos doesn’t last long in my house! I add them to sandwiches, tacos, salads, soups and chili! This recipe makes enough for a couple jars. Pickles make a great homemade gift, or save them to warm yourself up on a cold winter’s day! https://www.mexicanplease.com/taqueria-style-pickled-jalapenos-carrots/
Start your mornings with a cup of immunity! Turmeric and Lemon make a healthy elixir which is very beneficial first thing in the morning. This healing beverage can reduce inflammation, improve digestion and fight infection. Bring a cup of water over high heat and remove just before boiling. Add sliced or grated fresh turmeric root, juice of half a lemon, and a touch of natural sweetener, if you wish (I recommend our Pure Cane Syrup or honey).