This week’s share will include the following items:
- Kale, Italian, bunch – Worden Farm
- Spring Mix
- Sweet Italian Basil, clamshell
- Watermelon Radish, bunch
- Fresh Ginger Root – Little Pond Farm
- Cherry Tomatoes – Worden Farm
- Murasaki Sweet Potatoes
- Sugar Cane, 12″ Stick
Check out this beautiful wintery and crisp apple radish salad https://saporitoovs.com/recipe/apple-radish-salad/. The nuttiness of the cheese compliments the slight spice of the watermelon radish!
Lemon Basil Ginger Salad Dressing from cookingontheweekends.com would also make a great marinade!
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger pulp
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl or large jar, combine the lemon juice, orange juice, shallots, garlic, ginger, salt and honey. If you’re using a bowl, gradually whisk in the oil, stir in the basil leaves and season to taste with the pepper. If necessary, add more salt. If you’re using a jar, add all of the ingredients, put the lid on tightly and shake. If necessary, add more salt.
This recipe for Roasted Radishes, 3 ways gives three different interesting marinades : Balsamic & Herbs, Honey-Curry, and Tamari Ginger. Toss in dressing before roasting radishes, or any root veggie for that matter! https://toadstoolsfairyrings.com/2018/01/19/roasted-radishes-3-different-ways/