We plan to include the following items in this week’s share:
- Lettuce head- from Worden Farm
- Bok Choi variety , bunched
- Mushroom Variety- Baby Blue Oyster, Italian Brown Oyster, Black Pearl – from Fungi Jon
- Orange Carrot, bunched w/ tops – from Little Pond Farm
- Tomatoes, cherry, pint – from Worden Farm
- Radish, French Breakfast or Pink, bunched
- Sweet Potato, Fingerlings
- Zucchini, or Summer Squash Mix- from Worden Farm or Frog Song
Grapefruit and Fennel are a popular and aromatic combination. Check out this winter salad which features arugula, fennel, scallions and grapefruit https://www.thespruceeats.com/fennel-grapefruit-arugula-salad-recipe-2020330
There’s a buzz around broiling grapefruit! Have you ever tried this? Cover segmented grapefruit halves in brown sugar (and cinnamon!?) and broil 3-8 minutes, until sugar bubbles.
The beautiful radishes add a bite of spice and some color to this simple pasta dish! https://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/French-Breakfast-Radish-Pasta/72656/.
We’re proud to offer an assortment of Fungi Jon’s gourmet mushrooms in the share this week! For more info on the type and taste of the variety you received, check out Fungi Jon’s website for product descriptions and recipe ideas : https://www.fungijon.com/