Simple and healthy stir-fry served over rice.
2-3 heads of baby bok choy (separate leaves and wash ribs well, sand tends to hide in there)
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or bragg’s liquid aminos
sesame seeds for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
Optional additional veggies (use any that you have handy)
1 medium chopped white onion
1 medium carrot, sliced thin diagonally
6 tokyo turnips (no greens)
thinly sliced scallions (small handful)
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir 1 minute. Add sliced onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining vegetables and soy sauce. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the greens are wilted and the stalks are tender-crisp.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper or red pepper flakes for a bit of spice :).
- Add over rice or noodles.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!