This week we’re planning to include the items listed below in the CSA shares:
- Baby Carrots, bunch – No need to peel, just wash and eat raw!
- Dill, bunch
- Scallions, bunched
- Bok Choy
- Radishes – French breakfast or pink, bunched
- Panisse Lettuce – a sweet, delicate flavor similar to butter head lettuce
- Spinach, bunched
- Murasaki Sweet Potatoes – Japanese variety, white-fleshed
- Grapefruit – A Minor Grove, a new partner grower in Melrose, FL
We’ll be making lots of salads this week! I love this sunshine salad dressing, and it’s easy to make dairy-free by substituting tahini or dairy-free yogurt.
Nutrient-rich spinach is here this week, just for you!
Peanut Butter Banana Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 generous TBSP creamy peanut butter
10 Best Smoothie Recipes from yummly.com
Grapefruit Vinaigrette from macheesmo.com
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar (our cane sugar or honey will substitute well)
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
- Mince shallot very fine and add to a jar with a lid. Add other ingredients and shake well!
- Shake right before serving as well.
- Vinaigrette will keep well in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Health Benefits of Bok Choy:
Bok choy truly is a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. It’s loaded with vitamin A, C and K and contains antioxidants which protect the eyes and a significant amount of calcium and magnesium for strong bones.
Simple Bok Choy Stir-fry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, or oil of choice
- 1 medium bok choy – cut end off and wash leaves under faucet
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or sauté pan on medium.
- Add the minced ginger and minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy and use tongs to turn and stir fry the bok choy in the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Pour two tablespoons of water into the pan, cover and let cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat, add salt and pepper and serve.