This week members enjoy nine awesome, certified organic, Florida-grown items:
Mandarins – Ponkan & Satsuma
Bonita sweet potatoes
Purple daikon radish
Sweet red kale
Fresh galangal root
Cherokee red lettuce (Worden Farm)
Rainbow Carrots (Little Pond Farm)
Sweet Peppers (Little Pond Farm)
CARROT AND PURPLE DAIKON RADISH SALAD RECIPE
- ½ large purple daikon radish, sliced thin and cut into strips
- 2 to 3 carrots – sliced into matchsticks
- 1 to 2 green onions, green and white parts, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of half a small lime ( 2 TBSP or so)
- garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the carrots and radish if desired. Using a sharp knife or julienne peeler, julienne the carrots and radish and place in a bowl.
- Slice the green onion, both green and white portion. Add to bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk gently and pour over the salad. Toss to coat.