This week your CSA will include-
From Frog Song Organics-
- Green Beans
- Bok Choy
- Purple Daikon Radishes
- Sweet Potato Yam Fingerlings
From New Sprout Organic Farm–
- Yellow Squash
- Green Bell Peppers
- Scallions-Little Pond Farm
Purple Daikon Salad with Beets and Bok Choy- The Vegan Atlas
- 1 purple daikon radish, ends trimmed, and scrubbed
- 1 baby bok choy, sliced
- 2 to 3 medium beets
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup bottled or homemade sesame-ginger salad dressing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Microwave the beets in a lidded casserole dish, starting with 2 minutes per beet, and adding a minute thereafter until the beets can be pierced through but not overdone. Allow to cool to room temperature (expedite by plunging into ice water, if you’d like).
- When the beets have cooled, peel and dice them.
- Cut the purple daikon in half lengthwise, then slice thinly into half-circles.
- In a serving bowl, combine the daikon and beets with the remaining ingredients. Allow to stand for a few minutes, then serve.
Purple Daikon Radish Cucumber Salad- This Healthy Table
- 2 Daikon radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Peel the daikon radishes and slice them very thinly (1/32 on a mandolin). Thinly slice the cucumber (1/16 on a mandolin) and combine the cucumber and radish slices in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, kosher salt, granulated sugar, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds in a small mixing bowl. Stir till the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Pour the sesame dressing over the sliced veggies and toss them till coated. Let sit for 15 minutes to marinate and then toss again.
- Serve in a large bowl or spread out on a platter
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1/4 cup Scallion fresh, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes (more or less for spice level)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt- to taste
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Add all ingredients except vinegar and oil to food processor or blender and pulse, making sure to incorporate and blend all ingredients. Conversely, grind ingredients with a mortar and pestle.
- Add red wine vinegar and olive oil and blend until a paste forms, scraping as needed. Scrape down the sides as needed. Add oil to desired consistency, it will thicken as it is cooled.
- Cover and store in the fridge or freeze.
This recipe goes wonderfully over grilled steak or cast-iron sauteed mushrooms with melted Bleu Cheese. Add to a charcuterie board with a rich cheese, like bleu or brie.
Creamy Vegan Arugula Soup- Detoxinista
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and sauté the onion and celery until tender, about 8 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about one more minute. Add in the chopped potatoes, 4 cups of water or broth, and salt and bring the liquid to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and cover to let the vegetables simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.