I could eat breakfast for every meal. There’s nothing not to like, eggs, potato, toast, chicken sausage. Yum! This recipe incorporates the robust variety of Frog Song potatoes into this beautiful, colorful dish. Don’t mind to toot my own horn, but these came out better than I thought. Reminds me of the classic NY diner home fries I used to order back when I was living in New York. Hope you all enjoy!
3-4 red potatoes, quartered and sliced
3-4 new potatoes, quartered and sliced
3-4 purple potatoes, quartered and sliced
1-2 japanese murasaki or yam, quartered and sliced
1 zucchini, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onions, chopped
5-6 garlic cloves, sliced (I love garlic so I put double this amount)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat tbsp olive oil on high heat. When pan is nice and hot add, garlic, onions, bell peppers and zucchini. Tossing frequently until they get a nice char on them.
2. Add all potatoes, mix thoroughly and toss until potatoes have a nice char on them as well.
3. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. If the pan gets too dry, instead of adding more oil, add a little bit of water. The steam will help the potatoes cook faster.
4. Finally, season with salt and pepper and add generous amounts of butter.
5. Inhale breakfast potatoes 🙂