Our members will be enjoying the following produce from our farm this week:
- Sweet Italian Basil, bunch
- 1/2 dozen eggs, or roselle tea for our vegans!
- Rainbow Chard, bunch
- Panisse Butter Lettuce
- Sweet Red Onions, cured
- Tri-Color Potatoes
- Summer Squash Mix
- Tokyo Turnips
Roasted Zucchini and Red Potatoes – source: Cookpad
- 6 baby red potatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Chop red potatoes into quarters.
- Cut the ends of the zucchini off and chop zucchini into half moons about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl mix together below seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Using a large pot, in salted water, boil red potatoes for 5-10 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and spread on baking sheet with chopped zucchini.
- Mix melted butter and olive oil together and drizzle over potatoes and zucchini.
- Take the bowl of mix seasoning and using a pinch at a time, sprinkle seasoning mix over potatoes and zucchini.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn on broil and broil (7 inches below coil) for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and serve
Swiss Chard with Pancetta – source : Food and Wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard or rainbow chard, stems and inner ribs cut into 1/2-inch pieces, leaves cut into 1-inch ribbons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the pancetta, garlic and rosemary and cook over moderately high heat until the garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Add the chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add the chard leaves, season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, toss to coat and serve.