In our second week of the Spring CSA, members will enjoy the following produce in this colorful share, all from our farm!
- Red Cabbage
- Sweet Baby Carrots, bunch
- Rainbow Chard
- Red Onions
- Red Butter Lettuce
- French Breakfast Radishes
- Snow Peas
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine the chopped strawberries, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps – from Spoon Fork Bacon
- red wine vinegar
- low sodium soy sauce
- black pepper
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- neutral oil
- garlic cloves
- shiitake mushrooms
- bamboo shoots
- water chestnuts (use radishes to replace the crunch of water chestnuts)
- green onions (use tops of red onions to replace scallions)
- butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Place the first five ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and stir together. Marinate.
- Place all ingredients for cooking sauce into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Place some oil into a large skillet over high heat. Sauté chicken until partially cooked.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Pour some oil into the same skillet and place over high heat. Sauté the ginger, garlic and shiitake mushrooms.
- Add the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and continue to sauté. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken back into the skillet; cook and stir.
- Pour the cooking sauce over the mixture and stir together. Lower the heat to medium and allow the mixture to thicken.
- Stir in the green onions. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Top mixture with a sprinkle of green onions and sesame seed and serve warm with crisp lettuce cups.